Friday, January 12, 2007

Pet Peeves

I’m a mean person. I test my boss’s pet peeves just for the fun of it. She has this thing where decaffeinated coffee must be in an orange coffee pot. Every now and then I make it in a regular gold coffee pot just to see how she will react. The conversation usually goes something like this:
“Is this decaffeinated coffee?”
“Yes, I wouldn’t make you caffeinated.”
“But it’s not in the orange pot?!”
“This is your own personal coffee machine, you’re the only one who drinks from it, and the only coffee we have is decaffeinated. The color of the pot shouldn’t change that.”
“But that’s not the right pot”
Hmmmm. She also likes this little lamp turned on over at this little table because she thinks it will make our sickly Poinsettia grow. I sometimes leave it off just to see if she says anything. She usually does. It’s mean, but it’s kinda fun. On sad news, a whale shark died.

No comments: