Friday, October 28, 2005

Rage, Rage...

Cancer is never a great diagnosis, and when it comes to someone so close to you it seems like you dwell on the little things in life a little more than you usually do. My Father was diagnosed with a pretty aggressive form of prostate cancer last week. He still has many years ahead of him and a lot of treatment possibilities, but it still angers me. I have been thinking about it a lot recently and am amazed at the amounts and ranges of my feelings towards it. My father has been my hero for as long as I can remember, always putting aside his best interest for his family or others. Unfortunately, karma seems to have always dealt him a little bad luck and this seems to be a trend in the same direction. He is reviewing options for treatment now and needs to make a decision as to how to tackle this thing. Yes, it is unfair, mean, horrible, tragic, sad and inconvenient but he so far has handled it with the grace and dignity that demonstrates why he is my hero. My dad has always been able to get back on his feet from any setback; including unemployment, brain surgeries, bankruptcy, moving etc. and this will be no different. I will be there to cheer him on.

1 comment:

Rock Star Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Please know that he, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. And you're right, he will absolutely get back on his feet, after kicking it's butt.