Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katrina


This Blog is neither political or all that current, but in the light of recent events, I feel it is my duty to comment on Katrina and its aftermath. What I have seen and heard has been appalling, heart wrenching and depressing. The very night Katrina hit New Orleans, I had a very vivid and emotional nightmare about living through a disaster where everything was taken from me. I can’t express the sadness and hopelessness that I felt. I feel so bad sitting here with my safe job and responsibilities, which so far don’t seem to be in the least effected by the hurricane. I wish there was so much more that I could do besides the donations we give for situations such as this. In a word, tragedy like this makes me want to end all human suffering. Yes, I too am angered at the slow response, racial profiling, governmental squabbles, and finger pointing; but feel we need to get beyond all that and do what we can do. I respect everyone’s right to vent, but creating dissentions, disagreements and discord in a time like this shows ones lack of self control over issues that my enrage them personally. Think more universally, help with selfless abandon and then rant and rave all you want later; there is no time for that now.

No comments: