Thursday, July 21, 2005

Vacation

The reason I have been gone so long was Vacation! The word that makes anyone’s brain salivate for the anticipation of relaxation. Ours brought my family to southern Utah where we camped near Bryce Canyon. That’s actually me and my son in a backpack out on the ledge overlooking the canyon. It was a fun hike, especially for my wife who is 8 months pregnant. We also went to a ranch for a family reunion and got to ride horses, swim in a lake, country dancing, roping, games and all kinds of stuff. Right now our son is at my Mom and Dad’s for Grandma’s camp, playing with his cousins and trains. This gave my wife and I some alone time in Las Vegas. Overall impression: hot (115 degrees), tiring, dirty, expensive. There were some good parts like the Mandalay Bay Aquarium, Bellagio gardens and fountains and Caesars Palace Forum. Other than that, you get a thousand times more for your money camping.

No comments: