Friday, July 01, 2005

Red Tide


This is a black tip reef shark in its death throws due to red tide. Now, I know fist hand what red tide is. I received a Fathers day present to snorkel off the coast of San Diego. It actually was very fun and peaceful and I did get to see lots of fishes and things that swim in the water. I also got to dive in some caves and rocks which were also very neat. However, vision was limited to about three feet because of the red tide that had drifted in choking the shores. I never knew what an adverse effect it would have on sea creatures though. The poor girl who took these pictures thought she was being attacked since it leapt out of the water and snapped at her. I guess we could blame all these shark attacks on red tide. Curse you Red tide and your bite inducing, blinding fog!

No comments: