Friday, June 17, 2005

Shake, Rattle & Roll!

I felt my first earthquake since arriving in Los Angeles. It was minor, but enough to shake some stuff on my desk. My first reaction was to run home, back to my wife. It was the weirdest thing, I mean my body instinctively stood up and the only thing I could think was “I need to get to her”. Of course it was over before I could make it out the cubicle, but it made me realize two things.
1. That I’m terrified we will be split up if anything major happens, and
2. What matters most to me is in the right place, since that is all I wanted in my reflex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad, It was sooooo fun to get your webpage address. I never knew you had one. It is fun to read about your life and work, etc. Is that a picture of you on the right. It's awesome! I can't believe you were in an earthquake. I'm glad you are all OK. I heard it was a smaller one but still... pretty exciting and scary. I love you tons and keep us updated! love, Cara