Friday, February 11, 2011

The Sundance Film Festival made me volunteer

This past year I had the opportunity to volunteer at, and attend the Sundance Film Festival. I have been wanting to do this for some time and was excited to actually be in Park City for the festivities, but more importantly the screenings. More than I love watching movies, I love watching movies nobody has ever seen. Even though it was a lot of fun it was also a lot of work. I didn't realize how time consuming it would be. I also live an hour away from park city so the commuting miles added up. Here's a picture of my odometer at the beginning of the festival (64010). We'll check back after all my reviews to see how many miles I actually used volunteering and attending Sundance.

When I first volunteered they wanted me full time because of my Warner Bros. background, but I could not quit work, so I opted for part time. The still stuck me in the Press office where I was general information for filmakers and journalists that came through. I was based in the main headquarters located in the Park City Marriott.

Hopefully one day my family will forgive me for being away so much for those two weeks, but I was very grateful they indulged my inner child. The next couple of blogs will be movie reviews and general cultural observances of the Sundance Film Festival. I know that its over, but for true cinefiles, you can never get enough of film

Share

No comments: