Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Am Legend

One of the perks of my new job is being able to read scripts of upcoming films. I was able to read the script for ‘I Am Legend’ and was actually very impressed. It made for some quick good reading and I was thoroughly engrossed. Keep in mind this movie is skewered towards my demographic, but who doesn’t like a good action/apocalypse film every now and then. It takes place in the future 3 years after the worlds population has supposedly been wiped out by an unknown virus. The last survivor holes up in NYC, looking for some hope in his bleak situation. It is ingenious what the main character does to survive in a world bent on annihilating him. Needless to say, a plot is drummed up and I was pleasantly surprised by the end…even though a little Hollywood happy, it actually brings in a message of universal love. Who’d of thought?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the movie and I've been scouring the internet trying to find out what it is that Neville squirts on his stairs, jacket and the trap. Did it specify in the script?

Unknown said...

Vinegar, he also uses it in the shampoo he scrubs his dog with. It takes care of any odors that might be left around.