Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Celebrity Status

I am really unsure about what to say in this blog and that is not a good thing. Blogs are supposed to be inspired and witty. I keep getting requests for me to make a list of all the famous people I have seen and talked too, but it has been so long since I have been here, and honestly, I really don’t feel like putting in the effort. Besides, the other day I was speaking to a friend and telling him I saw Jeffrey Tambor. “Who ?” was his reply. I realized then that my view of who is famous is greatly skewed by the fact that I am saturated with the entertainment industry a lot and a commonplace name to me might be completely obscure to someone else. I guess it’s like the Critics Syndrome” where they have become so accustomed to the whole zeitgeist of the movies, they can no longer approach it from an audiences perspective, hence they give crappy reviews on good movies and great reviews to dull ones. In essence, any list that I could make up of celebrities would undoubtedly be dull to most people, and those that do seem exciting, don’t interest me at all anymore. Who knew? Below is a picture of where me and my wife had our 5th anniversary dinner, right on the beach in Hawaii.

No comments: