Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Not That Famous


Job hunting just isn’t what it used to be. Here, nobody calls you back. Everything moves at such a slow pace. I went to the La Brea tar pits and tried climbing a statue of a sloth and my wife took a picture. It came out looking like I was trying to hump the thing. To break the slothful cycle of the never ending job search I have decided to throw caution to the wind and outright ask people for a break. One such attempt was for a semi-famous actor who started his own production company. Since I am distantly related to his brother’s family, I wrote an e-mail congratulating them and asked about employment possibilities. Well, the wife of the brother of the somewhat famous person got very upset that I had her e-mail address and was scared I was going to forward it on and cause a lot of problems for her privacy….Hmmm. Number one, we live close by, talk every now and then so I am not a stranger. #2 we’re distantly related (by marriage) so I’m not going to forward on a relatives e-mail address for the world to use. And lastly, she’s not that famous. Sure, related to a semi-famous celebrity, but I doubt anyone would be clamoring to get her autograph. I’ll probably get in trouble for writing this but hey, I wanted to let you see how Hollywood works. It's not who you know, it's who you know that's willing to help.

1 comment:

Rock Star Mama said...

More importantly, what's that coming out of the sloth's nose???
Good luck with the job hunt!