Monday, November 22, 2010

The Hunger Games - Clip

So I've never read the Hunger Games books, nor do I know that much about them but they have been optioned by Hollywood and are eventually being made into 'Blockbuster' movies a-la Twilight. Well, my cousin John Lyde is quite the accomplished filmmaker (see his IMDB page here) and got together with some actors who wanted to audition for the film version of the books. They put together a scene from the book that I must say is quite impressive considering they did it in an afternoon with the cameras they had on hand. I guess it's another example that makes me question why Hollywood has to spend millions and millions of dollars on a movie, when a fan made film looks just as good. There are some overly-long sections here but as a whole, I am very impressed. Feel free to pass on the link and share the clip.... especially if you are a fan of the Hunger Games.

2 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Tanner said...

ARGGH! I deleted my well-written post on accident. Now I have to retype in the 1-minute version:

I know Rue.
Book is introspective. Full-length feature film will have pacing issues because they will not take the time to develop the drama like the short does.

EXCITED!