Monday, July 21, 2008

Death in The Dark Knight

So now that ‘The Dark Knight” did a bazillion dollars on it’s opening weekend, you know there are some movie execs in Hollywood figuring out how they can kill off one of their lead actors in an upcoming tentpole. I know it’s horrible to say, but honestly I think a big part of TDK’s success is the death of Heath Ledger. Brilliant as his acting stint may be and as awesome as Nolan is at directing, I bet a numerous host went to see Ledgers final performance, rather than just cause it was a Bat pic. Believe me, those execs look at trends, cause and effect, and somewhere out there, one of them is eyeing the WB’s haul and hoping for someone to die. I wish it were not so, but those sketchy morals and emphasis on Box office are some of the reasons I chose to eschew the lure of Hollywood. I still miss Cali though!

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

GET UGLY JOKER BOY FACE OFF YOUR BLOG!!!