Friday, February 08, 2008

Work From Home

I've actually been able to work from home this whole week thanks to my new baby boy and very understanding supervisors. It was a pain in the what to actually get everything set-up though but it is done. I have actually done a few things here even though it is much slower than if I was working on projects at the office. Check out what I created the other day here! I really do enjoy being at home with my family, but I also prefer the face to face interaction which I get with going in. Things tend to get done a lot faster. It's also comforting to know that no matter how smart computers get...they may be able to take over accounting, mathmatics, science, databases etc...they will never be able to design or create art. Its comforting to know that I am in a profession that is distinctly human. I think I've been watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles too much. I also got a call from Sat Lake saying I was still being considered for a Job I first interviewed for back in December. Talk about a long hiring process.

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Glad to hear about SLC!!!You will be hired about July it sounds like--moving is easier in the summer! I am glad that you are home. Now you know why mom's go crazy for the hubby's to get home for that face to face interaction. your field is definetly human and colorful!Is Beth's mom still there? Did her sis have a baby?